Thursday, February 11, 2010

It's a Wrap!


Well, it's just about over! I can't believe it! sorry the blog has been so quiet but I have run out of room on the hard drive of the computer so cannot download photos and frankly, I think pictures speak much more succinctly than me. In a nutshell, Siem Reap was incredible, our last night in Phnom Penh was terribly sad, Bangkok has been a blast and tomorrow it is over! It has been SUCH as busy time. I think we are all pretty exhausted and have been staying in hotels and spare beds for over a week now. So am I ready to come home? Yes and no. This adventure has been almost beyond words. So much more that we dared to dream. Nick has loved the work and the kids have thrived. I have met some amazing people and seen some incredible things. Opportunities have opened themselves up to us that we had only dreamed of. I think the fact that we will be returning to he same neighborhood makes that pain of leaving a little more bearable. We are tired but happy. Much wiser and more educated about the world than we were 10 weeks ago. Would we do it again? In a heartbeat! So tomorrow night we will board the plane to come home tired but happy. We can't wait to see you all again and share our adventures. I will try not to think of saying goodbye again so soon but at least now I know that it really is quite easy to stay in touch. I also know the kids adapt, that Nick loves the work and that I CAN do this. So thank-you all for sharing the ride. I hope you have enjoyed reading as much as I have writing and please stay tuned for our Vietnam Adventure.....Mrs Saigon anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment