Tuesday, February 2, 2010

OK...that lady has officially freaked me out!

Wow, where do I start with this one? You will recall in my last post that the old lady in the market said with 100% certainty that we would be living overseas. I did not think she meant next month! Most of you are now aware that we have been offered a post in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. This has been a dream of ours for so long. I cannot tell you what it is about the place. From the moment we set foot in that county I knew we would live there. That was 15 years ago. I swear to you....I knew it. So much so that we geared our lives toward it. Nick studied the language full time for one year and we made work decisions according to "the plan" Now of course there is an argument that doing all of this made it happen...maybe that is true also. Either way it is happening. Our excitement was tempered with the fact the the circumstances around our offer were tragic. The current serving member passed away. I feel sick when I think about it. I cannot even imagine what his family are going through at this time. So as exciting as it is we have not felt much like celebrating. You just can't in those circumstances. That being said, who are we to question the way life works. We will just go with it. And what a ride it is going to be. We arrive back home on the 13th and Nick heads to HCMC on the 1st of March. He then comes back to do a Pre-Deployment course (irony not lost) for 3 weeks in CBR on the 6th of April. He hopes to fly home on the weekends. He will then come home on about the 26th of April and the house will be packed up. We will then all leave together on about the 28th. Phew....it's gunna be one hell of a ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment