Monday, November 23, 2009

Not waving.....drowning!


So, it appears that this is all actually going to happen. Denial is no longer a river in Egypt! I hope to have just two days left at work and finish up on Wednesday. Not too sure what the Boss will think of this but at this stage I really have to think a little selfishly and put my family first. There is SO much to do. I guess it is not even really that, it is more the unknowns. All I know is we have a 4 bedroom furnished house available. Have seen 5 pictures. I don't know where it is in the city, I don't know ANYTHING else. I DO know that there are no cups, crockery, linen etc but am assured this will be supplied as as settling in kit. I don't know if we have a backyard or any sort of outside area. Will they supply fresh drinking water? Will they supply 4 of everything or just one as it is an unaccompanied post? Will my obsessive thumb sucking son be constantly sick? Will we be able to COPE? One minute I feel quite brave and the next I think we must be totally and utterly insane. I just need to remind myself to breathe and know that all of my questions will eventually be answered in good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment