Friday, November 20, 2009

Oh, by the way....

Guess what my wonderful husband proclaimed on the phone yesterday? Oh, by the way, I forgot to tell you last night, I have been offered a temporary post to Phnom Penh for 10 weeks. Ummm....hello? You forgot to tell me THAT. I thought maybe you had left your lunch in the fridge. Silly me. Sillier me. Oh, OK, lets do it! And I hadn't even had a wine yet. (Most of our major crazy life changing decisions are made over numerous bottles of the stuff). To be honest, he's come out with worse. Like the time he asked if we should take up a position in the Cocos Islands. When I asked him where that was he said he was not sure but he thinks it's where the Coco Pop Monkey lives....but I digress. So begins this mad journey that I invite you to join me on. There is a hell of a lot to do in the next 10 days and I have no idea where to start. But start I have, at the beginning. I finally learnt how to spell Phnom Penh. Mind you, I have every intention of calling it PP henceforth. It's a start. A least I knew where it was on the map, sorta...........

No comments:

Post a Comment