Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Feel like changing a life today?






I know…I know…here she goes again, you say. First she hits us up for the orphans and now this! Well….just remember how good it felt to give those bikes to those kids….and now you have on opportunity to help again!

Those of you who follow the blog regularly will remember Mr Phea, our Tuk Tuk driver. He is not employed by anyone as such, he just happened to come recommended to me as his English is quite good and he happens to be…well…wonderful!
Mr Phea’s only source of income is the money he makes from working on his tuk tuk. He invited us into his home on Christmas Eve, (see photos) and, shall we say, it is very basic. He has a 5-year-old daughter who lives in the country with relatives, as they cannot afford to keep her with them. Mrs Phea used to work but is now unable due to a stomach condition and is in and out of hospital. Each time she is in for the night it is $80…a fortune here!

So, to cut a long, sad story short, his motorbike is about to give up the ghost. Without it, they are, to put it mildly, stuffed. No income at all. I have noticed lately that Mr Phea just does not seem himself and I am assuming that this is all taking it’s toll on him. I would dearly love to help.

How? Well, a decent second hand bike costs $750 USD (a new one is about $1200). I know that we can do this! I will pop my bank account details on the bottom of this and all you have to do is transfer into the account putting your name as a reference so Mr Phea knows whom to thank. He obviously has no idea I am trying to do this. I hope for it to be a lovely surprise for him. Will keep the blog updated on how we are travelling. So if you have some spare dosh…any amount will help. This man has been so good to my family and me. The kids adore him, as do I. Lets see how we go!

Police Association Credit Co-Op

Account name: D.L Moger Vietnam

BSB: 704230

Account number: 100383852

(please ignore the fact it says “Vietnam”. This is the same account that we used for the bikes)

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DANSTER! Hope you're having an amazing day, whatever you are doing (and may it involve our good friend Margarita). Muchus lovas.
    T et al
    x

    ReplyDelete