Sunday, January 24, 2010

So how's the Weather?




I know it has been stinking hot in Melbourne but we have had all sorts over here! As far as winter goes it is of course quite mild. NIghts low 20's and days low to mid 30's. Bet lately, it's been FREEZING. Apparently the other night it dropped to below 20! All the locals have their polo necks and ski jackets on which I think is hilarious! I guess it is the only time they get to parade them from the back of the wardrobe. Had to laugh when Scarlett told me she was freezing the other day on the way to school and I had to go back and get her a jacket. It's lovely to walk around and nod at people and say....it's cold isn't it. Makes you feel much more like a local.
We have also had some unseasonable rain! In fact most of this week has been quite cloudy and overcast with what I think was a fair amount of rain. (Obviously I have not been here in the wet season....now THAT is rain, they tell me). With the clouds the humidity has been up. (I have not been here in April...now THAT is humidity, they tell me!). Moral of the story. Don't whinge about the weather. This is the best its ever going to get. Anyhow, great weather for shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment